I discovered this recipe a few Christmases ago and made them for gifts for family. Ever since they have been a staple for baking at my house. These truffles look very pretty in a clear bag with ribbon around it as a gift just make sure that they stay cool as they could melt.
Here is the recipe:
1/2 C butter, softened
3/4 C brown sugar, packed
2 1/4 C flour
1 -14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 t vanilla
1/2 C Skor Chips
2 -12 oz bags semi sweet chocolate chips (I used 1 bag of chocolate and bitter chocolate squares. plus 1/2 bag of Reeses peanut butter chips)
1/4 C reeses peanut butter chips
1 T shortening, divided
1. Cream your butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
2. Add the flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and mix well.
3. Stir in the Skor chips
4. Shape into 1 inch balls and place on a sprayed cookie sheet. Cover with saran wrap and freeze for 1-2 hours. (1 hour worked for me)
5. In a bowl on the stove melt the peanut butter chips.
Add about 2 t of shortening to the chocolate and stir to incorporate.
6. Dip each frozen cookie dough ball into the combination of Chocolate chips and Reese peanut butter chips that are melted and then place on wax paper.
7. Melt the Reeses peanut butter chips in the microwave and add 1 t shortening. Stir it well and then drizzle it over the tops of the truffles.
7. Put the truffles back in the fridge to set for about 15 minutes.